Monday, April 25, 2011

Surf Knowledge

My last post wasn't the only one that referenced Tetsuhiko Endo, surf editor of theintertia.com.



So who is this guy?

A professional surfer? Surfboard shaper? Legendary lifeguard? Paddleboard champion?

Nope, just a surfer and a good writer who grew up in Columbus, Ohio. He claims to be an average surfer, I'm sure he could kick my butt in the water but let us just say that he's no pro.

I just wanted to point out that when it comes to surfing, we all have an opinion and you don't have to be a professional, although experience does help.

So when you kookmeyers out there want to give up surfing, don't.

I've met a lot of people who have told me that they won't surf because they won't be good. That's stupid-- a lot of times beginners or people who didn't originally grow up at the beach have more fun than seasoned surfers. They can also find certain insights into the sport that people who have been surfing for decades might have forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment