Saturday, May 7, 2011

Prince!

So I admit it. I'm not embarrassed. Last night I went to see Prince at the LA Forum.

Some of my buddies had an extra ticket and dragged me along--this was their 3rd straight week in a row to see Prince. At first I was skeptical, I didn't really know any of his songs which would definitely be no where on my itunes (at least then they wouldn't) but, how can you not go when tickets are $25. Plus, I always imagined him as the wierd Michael Jackson type and he might be gone tomorrow.

And although Prince is a short little guy in some sort of elaborate jumpsuit (depending on the song), this guy rips on the guitar. And it was such a wierd experience that it was awesome. When I say wierd I am referring to the crazy girl with the larger than life afro that opened for him to his band on stage. He also played 3 encores after the show. It's always cool when artists are good to their fans.

I am officially a Prince fan. Maybe when I see him play next week I'll get to meet him; stranger things have happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment